A place of education and international encounters
Built in 1911 by Ludolf von Krehl, a physician and former director of Heidelberg’s university hospital, this castle-like estate was acquired in 1989 by Dr. Walter Leibrecht, the founder of Schiller International University. Since then, the team of RENOVATIV GmbH provides assistance to the ownership and plays a leading role in the restoration of this listed historic building.
First moderate interventions were carried out in 2012 with the main floor’s stucco decorated and wood-panelled rooms being completely restored. In the fall of the same year, the project was successfully completed and the UIW European Study Center (ESC) could shortly thereafter move into its brand new premises. Also in 2012, iH Heidelberg/Collegium Palatinum, a language school established in Heidelberg already for more than 55 years, moved its headquarters from Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage to Bergstraße. Consequently, further rooms that had been used only to a limited extent by then, were remodeled into modern offices within a few weeks by RENOVATIV GmbH.
With both educational institutions, the tradition of the building as a place of education and international connections has been successfully preserved.